So I found out from my neighbor that my daughter Loves banana muffins! How I found out..my neighbor texted me one night wanting to know if my daughter ate her dinner that evening? She continued to tell me that she had made some banana muffins and my daughter consumed approximately…107 of them! lol First off…my daughter does not eat fruit! No idea why…she loves her veggies (which is odd for a 5 year old) but she will eat carrots and raw spinach like it’s going out of style. What a perfect way to sneak in some fruit! I added some yummy mini chocolate chips (to tantalize my other kiddos to eat them…I have super Picky kids)! I also healthified the recipe a bit for those of you (like me) watching your waste line! These are perfect for breakfast or quick snack on the go…awesome with a hot cup of coffee or cold glass of milk! Even better…they freeze well, for those of you with portion control issues (again, like me)! 🙂 Enjoy!
Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup sugar or agave nectar (sweetner)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 oz Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- In a large mixing bowl, beat honey, sugar or agave nectar, egg, vanilla and banana until blended. Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and yogurt. Beat for 1-2 minutes until fully combined. Fold in chocolate morsels.
- Grease cupcake tin with nonstick baking spray. Spoon batter into each tin (about 1/4 cup). Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 18-20 minutes. For mini muffins, bake 11-13 minutes (Makes approx. 36 mini muffins). Remove and cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for later use. ENJOY.
My little Kitchen Helper!
ubt these little guys last long in your house…I just pulled mine out of the oven and I swear half are already gobbled up!! (2 by me…they are SO moist and delicious, I had to make myself stop)! 🙂
>>Back to Recipes