Ok…so I know it’s the middle of winter but a girl can dream of summer right!? Picture this…sitting by the fire on a warm summer evening, beverage in one hand and a marshmallow on a stick in the other sizzling on the fire. Oh….I cannot wait! Winter isn’t quite over but with these delicious s’mores bars are wonderful all year long! These taste just like a s’more but in more of a soft and chewy cookie form. They are melt in your mouth delicious! If you love s’mores you have to give this recipe a try! I made them for our annual Valentine’s Party last week and they got gobbled up in no time! If you are having a crowd like I did…you may want to double the batch! Enjoy…and think summer!
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 (4.4 oz) milk chocolate XL Hershey Bars
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and 8 by 8-inch baking dish and line with two sheets of parchment paper (or foil), leaving a slight over hang on each side, and butter paper (for easier cutting, you can just butter the baking dish without lining if you wish).
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, graham crack crumbs, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside. Use an electric mixer, blend together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press one half of the dough into an even layer in the bottom of prepared baking dish. Place chocolate side by side over dough layer. Top chocolate with marshmallow fluff, spreading into an even layer. Take about golf ball size pieces of remaining dough and flatten into small shingles and layer side by side over marshmallow fluff (work to keep any of the fluff from showing through). Bake in preheated oven 27 - 30 minutes until top is lightly golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares (use parchment (or foil) overhang to lift bars from pan before cutting. You may want to cut just before serving as the filling will begin to run a little). Store in an airtight container.
Mommy’s little helper for ALL our baking!
And of course…she always has to taste test everything she puts in.
I never have parchment paper on hand so I use foil…works just as good! Evenly press the crust down in your 8×8 pan (Grease the foil)!
My little helpers favorite part…top with the Hershey Candy Bars!
Spread on the Marshmallow Cream!
And…don’t forget to taste test! 🙂
Here is what it looks like after you get the cream evenly spread over the crust and candy bars.
After it comes out of the oven.
Ooey Gooey Goodness!
>>Back to Recipes