This is one of my husbands favorite dishes and something we have once every couple weeks. It makes a big batch and there is always leftovers for him to take in his lunch to work or for leftovers the next day! It’s pretty healthy too since I use turkey sausage & 2% cheese! It goes great with a bread stick (or 2) and a nice crisp side salad!
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- 2 1/3 cups dried cavatelli or wagon wheel macaroni
- 12 ounces turkey sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook the turkey sausage, onion, and garlic until sausage is brown; remove from skillet. Drain.
- In a large bowl stir together pasta sauce, 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and the pepper. Add the cooked pasta and the drained sausage mixture. Stir gently to combine. Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, in a 375 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until nearly heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
<<Back to recipes