Valentine’s Day is around the corner and I always throw a little party for my kiddos. This year we are going to order in a heart shaped pizza from the local pizza joint and then enjoy a dessert as the kiddos open the little gifts I got them. I am a poke cake lover and when I ran across this recipe my mouth started watering before I even looked at the recipe! It called for regular Oreos but lo and behold…I found Red Velvet Oreos at the store…I was SO excited!!!
My kiddos loved the cake as did my husband and I. I swore I was going to dish the rest out to neighbors so it wasn’t sitting in my fridge tempting me all week. Nope, never happened. My husband and I snacked on it all week and polished her off!
This is such and easy cake to make and awesome for Valentine Party’s or just plain get togethers! Your guests will think you slaved all day!
After you bake the cake according to the directions on the box, let it cool and poke holes throughout the cake. Mine is a little sloppy as my daughter is always my baking helper!
My little helper!
Next pour the Sweetened Condensed Milk down in the holes…make sure you get each one!
You are going to melt the chocolate topping and crushed Oreo’s in the microwave for 30 seconds Then pour and spread the mixture on top of the Sweetened Condensed Milk…again, make sure you get it in all the holes!
Whip the Cream Cheese Frosting and Cool Whip together!
Slater it on your cake and plop it in the fridge to cool!
These are the Oreo’s I used…they must be a Valentine Limited Edition Find…how perfect!!!!
Top it with the remaining crushed Oreos when it’s time to serve! I did this to each individual piece as I served it…that way the left over cake didn’t have any on it to get soggy for my next feeding! J
Look at the chocolate and cookies running down through the cake…oh it is heavenly good!
Red Velvet Oreo Poke Cake
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) red velvet cake + the ingredients on the back of the box
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (11.75 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting (I used the ready made frosting)
- 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup crushed Oreos (optional topping)
- Prepare the red velvet cake according to the directions on the box.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, use a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly throughout the cake, making about 25-30 holes.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the cake, trying to fill up the holes.
- Combine the hot fudge topping and the crushed Oreos in a medium sized bowl. Microwave the combined toppings for 15 seconds or until melted together and warm.
- Spread the hot fudge topping on top of the cake, trying to get some in the holes.
- Combine the cup of cream cheese frosting and the Cool Whip in the Cool Whip container. Then spread the Cool Whip mixture on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve if desired, sprinkle the additional crushed Oreos on top. This makes about 12 large pieces.
>>Back to Recipes